What is needed?
- 8GB microSD recommended
- Raspberry Pi device
- Network cable for router connection
- First format your card in FAT system.
- Download NOOBS archive. While i’m writing this post there is avaible 1.5.0 version.
You can download two options:
- NOOBS – archive contains Raspbian image. While installation you could choose another OS, it’s image will be downloaded from internet.
- NOOBS lite – archive contains only NOOBS. While installation you could choose OS, it’s image will be downloaded from internet.
- Extract archive and put it’s content in microSD root.
After extracting files take about 1,1 GB.
Option 1 – connetct by VNC
vncinstalon the end of first line in recovery.cmdline file
- Connect to raspberry connected to power and router
- Check IP of your raspberry
- Run VNC client
- Enter IP address of your raspberry and click “Connect”
- Now you can choose “Raspbian” OS and install it.
Icon of card inform you that image of this OS is on microSD and there will be no nessesary to download files from internet.
Other OS will be downloaded from internet during installation.
Raspbian takes about 3,5GB (remember, that NOOBS files will still be in microSD).
Option 2 – automatyczna instalacja systemu raspbian
silentinstallon the end of first line in recovery.cmdline file
- After you insert microSD to raspberry (connected to power) Raspbian installation will begin. This process can take 30-60 minutes.
- After a while you could try connect to your raspberry by ssh (login “pi”, password “raspberry”). Read how to check IP of your raspberry.